Top of CT Nursing Homes List and among the top percentage of the nation by US News, consistently since 2013
Duncaster Health Services
On-site Long-term and Rehabilitation Care. You’re Always in the Best of Hands.
Duncaster’s Caleb Hitchcock Health Center in Bloomfield CT provides “resident centered care” with a holistic, family-oriented approach. Residents are encouraged to make their own choices and decisions and their families enjoy being more involved with their care. Employees working in this setting take pride in their high degree of participation with the residents.
The Caleb Hitchcock neighborhoods provide both long-term care and short-term rehabilitation, skilled- and assisted living memory care. You will receive services and care in a beautifully appointed setting filled with lots of light surrounding an indoor “park”. All accommodations are private to give you the peace and dignity you deserve. Duncaster's Health Center is the first in the area to offer a unique approach to rehabilitation to get patients home quicker and stronger.
All registered nurses and aids that care for rehab patients undergo rehab certification and training. This allows the nursing and aid staff to make rehab a continuous part of each patient's day, in addition to daily therapy sessions. Duncaster is a pioneer in its approach to rehabilitation and has a long-standing history of providing rehab sessions seven days a week. These approaches are unique to Duncaster and comparable to those offered in some hospitals. Read more about this unique approach in Duncaster's blog.
The goal is to decrease the length of time that people are away from home for a rehab stay.
Choosing a rehabilitation center is a difficult and often urgent matter. Duncaster’s Director of Admissions for its Health Center does her absolute best to respond to your questions and inquiries quickly. Call Elizabeth Rios, (LPN) and she will take time to answer all your questions.
Did You Know?
- Registered Nurses working in Duncaster's short-term rehab are Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants working in Duncaster's short-term rehab have additional training as Rehab Restorative Assistants
- Rehab sessions with therapists occur 7 days per week
- Duncaster's Health Center was named one of the country's best by US News?
- Duncaster has a 5 star rating
- Duncaster's Health Center honored as "One of the Country's Best" by American College of Health Care Administrators.
- Received highest rating from the Connecticut Department of Public Health in 2016. Read article. .
At Duncaster’s Caleb Hitchcock Health Center You Will Find:
- Spacious private rooms with private baths, generous closet space and natural lighting with floor-to-ceiling windows
- Long-term and short-term nursing care, rehabilitation, skilled- and assisted living memory care
- On-site physician services and advanced practice registered nurses
- 24-hour registered nursing care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy, 7 days per week
- IV-certified staff
- Palliative care
- Pet therapy
- Respite care
Services and Amenities:
- Restaurant style dining
- Beautiful outdoor patios
- Two-story atrium park
The Caleb Hitchcock dining area.
The Caleb Hitchcock building offers much natural lighting and is surrounded by inviting gated grounds.
Take a Look at Our eBrochures
There's much to see. A brochure can show quite a bit, but nothing matches seeing it all in-person.
After you've looked through our literature, please give us a call to schedule a tour.